Sunday, August 28, 2005

My First Anniversary

(Posted simultaneously at Dadmanly)

I'll be flap doodled.

I was searching for an old post I remember from early on, and it turns out yesterday was the One Year Anniversary of my very first post on my blog.

I feel like I just graduated from blogfancy to blogolescence.

(And it coincides with a move this week from Marauding Marsupial to Large Mammal on the The Truth Laid Bare ecosystem. So I'm feeling decidedly all teenage bear cub frisky.)

Blogger shows me with 298 posts on Dadmanly; my companion site Gladmanly shows 64 posts, and Debate Space, the now dormant debate blog I share with the Liberal Avenger, shows 18 posts. So I have an average output for this past year of about 1 post per day, with an average of about 100 hits per day for the year. (Thanks Mom, but you can stop now.)

I have just over 35,000 visits, and over 50,000 page views in the portion of that year I had Site Meter installed.

As to my objectives, I'd say I met them, and then some. I've "met" some great MILBLOGGERS, such as Greyhawk (and Mrs. Greyhawk) and Mudville Gazette, Blackfive and Mustang 23, some fellow Christian Bloggers such as John at Blogotional and Ella's Dad at Ragged Edges, and even some new friends who have encouraged, such as Arthur Chrenkoff, Bill Roggio at Fourth Rail and Joe Katzman at Winds of Change. I'v even had some great, regular commenters such as Retread, RT, Kat, Papa Ray, and many others.

I'm sure as I think about it, I'll think of more, so friends, please don't feel left out.

I've written just about as much as I did as an Analyst and Reporter during my three years Active Duty in Germany, and this time, it's all unclassified. A lot more fun to write. And (hopefully), more enjoyable to read.

Here's how I introduced myself a year ago:
As if there aren't enough voices out here in the wilderness, I thought I'd try this whole blogging thing out. I don't have anything to say just now -- nor a lot of time to spend coming up with anything clever.

My intent is to weigh in from time to time on various matters military and politic, and invite response from any interested party who can abide by these simple rules:
1. Interpersonal public communication is best conducted with intelligence, rationality, and humor. (Although any one of these qualities goes a long way.)
2. Juvenile name calling and insults are immediate grounds for ignoring you altogether.
3. It's my blog, if you don't like it start your own.
4. Technology is a terrific thing, but good literature (and great writing) is eternal, regardless of the media. Try to contribute (positively).
5. I can't think of anything else. Let me know if you think of anything.

Dadmanly, New Blogger
Thanks so much to all my readers, long standing and newly arrived. I have very much enjoyed the dialogs -- even the aggravating ones -- and been very much humbled by all the terrific support and encouragement.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Congrats on your one-year blogaversary!!!! *cheers* *throws confettii* Wow, that year went by fast!!!! Can't believe it!!!!!! American Soldier (www.soldierlife.com)also recently celebrated his first blogiversary, too!!!! :-) Gee, time flies!!!! :-)

Would you believe after all this time,I finally caved in and started my own blog?! LOL! Of course, what do I talk about on there? Oh yeah...all my adopted soldiers, LOL, and milblogs, LOL!!!!!

http://crazynightinga.blogspot.com

I'm honored (not to mention really surprised, lol) you mentioned lill ole me in your blogiversary message!!!! :-) I appreciate your service, and appreciate your blog! :-)

All of y'all remain in my prayers every day ~

Keep pressing on.... and "having done all to stand, STAND therefore...." (See also Eph. 6!) :-)

Gotta run to work...have a great day. tell eveyone over there we appreciate them and are proud of them!!!! :-)

Congrats again on your blogiversary!!!! :-)

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home